Who is a Programmer?

Andy with Recycled Electrons aba3600@REDACTED
Thu Oct 12 19:52:27 CEST 2000

> This tendency has lurched forwards (and sometimes backwards - C++) towards

comp.lang.cpp.sucks.sucks.sucks.sucks
a.k.a. alt.strange.electronics.weird.erlang
(no, these are not real groups as far as I know)

> In other words the difference between the spec and the Erlang program is so
> small that it is easier and quicker to do it myself than to explain it and
> get someone else to do it.

That means that English is less suited to describing the problem than
Erlang ;o)

> I wonder where it will all end

Do you remember "Q" on Star Trek, The Next Generation?
He'll be carrying a Palm 3000 running a BEAM emulator.

Sincerely,

Andy Allen
andy@REDACTED