system messages (Re: Suggested Example/ emacs questions)

Robert Virding rv@REDACTED
Tue Oct 10 11:58:15 CEST 2000

Ulf Wiger <etxuwig@REDACTED> writes:

>Since get() and put() are O(1) nowadays, why can't I use them in
>guards?

The main requirement for what can go in guards is not really that it is
O(1) but that it must be side-effect free.  Which put/2 is not.

Personally I have always considered the process dictionary to be a BIG
mistake and therefore feel we should do nothing which encourages it,
like making it accessable in guards. :-)

	Robert

--
Robert Virding                          Tel: +46 (0)8 545 55 017
Alteon Web Systems                      Email: rv@REDACTED