QNX port

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Sun Oct 1 19:47:33 CEST 2000

> erlc -W -bbeam -I../include -I../../kernel/include -o../ebin
> beam_lib.erl
> erlc: Error 8 executing 'erl'.
> make[3]: *** [../ebin/beam_lib.beam] Error 1

This would appear to be a bug in the QNX system. erlc uses an execvp call to
start the erl shell script, which according to their docs is supposed to
work correctly on shell scripts as well as normal executables. Error 8 means
duff executable which suggests something is broken in QNX (errno 8 at the
QNX shell gives a description - very nice).

I have made QNX aware of this and am waiting for a response. I've not really
got any further than this as the moment except..

In R7A distribution didn't work properly because SO_ERROR is defined by QNX
but appears not to be actually implemented. My fix was to change the #ifndef
SO_ERROR in inet_drv.c back to what it was in R6B thereby avoiding the
problem.

I also got hold of the latest config.guess and config.sub from what I seem
to remember was the autoconf homepage - these have all the correct defines
for QNX.

If I get any further I'll let you know.

Regards,

Sean