the OO metaphor

Mike Williams mike@REDACTED
Wed Nov 29 18:37:27 CET 2000

In article <lou28rnga5.fsf@REDACTED>,
 tobbe@REDACTED (Torbjorn Tornkvist) writes:

|> Just for the record. Someone once implemented
|> inheritance in Erlang by writing his own error_handler.

True, but definitely NOT TO BE RECOMMENDED!!!  Just to start with,
standard code loading stops working.  It also encourages a horrible,
incomprehensible programming style and every time the error handler is
invoked you get a huge processing overhead.

I had to get rid of the "Someone who once implemented inheritance"
this way from the project concerned before I could return it to some
limitted form of sanity.

/Mike