Python in Erlang

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Nov 14 12:26:21 CET 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, sgelkins@REDACTED wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My manager is attracted to Python.  Has anyone ever tried
> embedding it in Erlang?  python:eval("whatever") or some
> such thing?  I'd be interested in hearing any experience
> reports.

You can find a proof of concept binding at :

  http://csmctmto.interpoint.net/didx/python_erlang.html

We tried this binding but it was not sufficent for our need and is difficult
to build and to use.

Finally, we are just made a specific API to call our Erlang from Python via socket
communication. This approach is working well for us. The datatype are very
similar and are easy to map, so the datatype conversion is ok.

If someone is interested, we might clean up our code, make it more generic and
release it.

--
Mickaël Rémond          -  mickael.remond@REDACTED
                        -  http://IDEALX.com