HTTP 3xx response

Peter Andersson Peter.Andersson@REDACTED
Mon Nov 6 18:14:15 CET 2000

Hi folks,

I've been playing around with Joe's contributed WWW tools a bit. Fascinating
what you can do with only a few lines of Erlang code using this library! I have
a question, though, which I hope is easy to answer for anyone who has programmed
web client applications before (which I haven't).

When you get an HTTP 3xx (e.g. 302) response which indicates a URI redirection,
it states in RFC1945 that you will get a reference to the new URL in the "entity
body" of the response. The RFC also explains that you will only get an entity
body in the response if you explicitly request for it. What I can't figure out
is what the request should look like. As far as I understand it should be a
normal HTTP GET with an "entity header" on some relevant format. I've tried a
few different variants of such a header without success.

Anyone!?

Best regards

  /Peter