No subject

Martin Logan martin@REDACTED
Thu May 25 21:43:55 CEST 2000

Some of us, at the company I work for, have become interested in erlang. I
have been doing a fair amount of reading on the Bluetail robustification
apps.  I am a little confused on one point.  Page 18 in the manual named
btw11.ps Bluetail Robustifiers/Prioritizers, states:

If more than one gateway is used each gateway is given a
separate IP adress and DNS round robin can be used to share the load
between the gateways. This avoids the problems caused by having stale IP
adresses in DNS cache since the IP adress is always fresh.

I am not clear on why the IP adresses are "always fresh".  Was this
somthing implemented via erlang?  Thank you in advance for any helpful
info you could provide me.
			      Sincerly,
                              Martin Logan.