Emulator stopping during mnesia writes

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Wed May 10 12:14:54 CEST 2000

Hi all,

My application has been suffering from a problem where under a fairly heavy
write load into a disc_copies mnesia table the read performance suffers to
the point where the emulator can hang for up to 5 or so seconds
(particularly during the mnesia log dump, and regardless of whether
dump_log_load_regulation is set).

Working under my commercial support agreement with the guys in Sweden we
have established that as the emulator is single threaded with regard to disk
operations, a disk operation which is slow will stop the emulator.

I wonder if anyone else has come across this problem using mnesia, and maybe
come up with a solution or workaround.. I'm using Solaris 2.6.

Thanks very much,

Sean