load balancing

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Mon May 8 06:09:25 CEST 2000

Several of us at my place of employment have been studying Erlang as
an academic exercise.

We now have a chance to do an Erlang-based pilot project putting load
balancing and failover ("robustification") in front of a couple remote
servers running a custom IP protocol over a private WAN.

I've looked at the white papers on bluetail.com, and am now reviewing
Eddieware docs, but also wanted to ask the participants of this list:

1. Other than Bluetail and Eddieware, are there additional
Erlang-related resources on load balancing we should be consulting?

2. How usable is Eddieware? There are caveats about the 1.4.0 release
which came out in February.

3. Is Eddieware still an active project?

4. Are there any recommendations as to how to proceed?

5. Where does Erlang give one an advantage on this sort of project?