Tcl/Tk

Gordon Beaton not.for.email@REDACTED
Tue Mar 28 09:00:18 CEST 2000

On 28 Mar 2000 06:39:24 GMT, Ljung Magnus wrote:
> I believe the theory of static linking is right on the money. I
> found a reference to a simular problem using shared libraries in
> Tcl.
>
> Your suggestion to recompile the Erlang libraries to shared ones
> sounds like the way forward to make the solution more seamless.

The Erlang libraries are already compiled using -fPIC so no
recompilation should be necessary. You can extract the object files
and make a shared library from them directly if that is what you want
to do.

However I think the original problem can be solved using Per
Hedeland's suggestion earlier in this thread. What does 'nm app.so'
report?

/gordon

--
g o r d o n . b e a t o n @ e r i c s s o n . c o m