Changing Solaris environment variables so os:getenv/1 gets th e ne w value

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Fri Mar 24 17:30:01 CET 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Sean Hinde wrote:

>Uffe,
>
>Yet again thanks very much. You haven't thought about making the rest of
>AXD301 open source have you?!!! (Only joking I'm sure).

Well, actually... I'd like to release much more, but we simply don't
have the resources to spare for that kind of work (the pro-bono kind).

We're quite busy expanding, as we've sold (according to press
releases) over 130 switches to more than 15 countries within a short
time (most during '99). As these are not exactly consumer-market
products (list prices range from ca $500K, for a fully equipped 10GBps
switch, to ... well, lots more for a 160GBps switch, I think this is a
pretty good start.

Since the AXD 301 contains more than half a million lines of Erlang
code, this is also good news for Erlang.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger, Chief Designer AXD 301         <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
Ericsson Telecom AB                          tfn: +46  8 719 81 95