Distributed applications

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Thu Mar 9 14:30:59 CET 2000

> >And, more important, distributed applications doesn't work
> >if you start the applications manually from the shell using
> >application:start(App), you have to generate a boot script
> >which starts the application automatically. (I'm investigating
> >why this is the case, as part of the ongoing work we are doing
> >on release handling).
>
> Ahhh, this is what I am trying to do. I'll try it in my embedded test
> environment.

Tried it and it works. I've managed to fool it though by pausing the master
node using CTRL c for a minute or so. The node gets a big red cross in
appmon and the app starts up elsewhere. If I re-introduce the first node by
just selecting (c)ontinue from the CTRL c menu, and re-establish contact
with net_adm:ping/1, the application continues to exist on both nodes. I
guess this is testing partitioned network behaviour. Any suggestions of how
to get around this?

Rgds,
Sean