Erlang Versus Python

James Hague jhague@REDACTED
Sat Mar 4 03:23:37 CET 2000

>Python has some functional features, though they're not as well
>integrated into the language as they could be.

Interestingly, I recall reading an interview with Guido in, I believe,
Linux Journal.  In response to a "What would you do differently?" sort of
question, he responded that he thought he listened to the functional
language advocates too much, and some of the features they
requested--that were added to Python--maybe weren't in the best interests
of the language.  Or somesuch.  This is from memory :)

James