http rendering

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Mon Jul 24 10:58:49 CEST 2000

    Luc> Id like to render some text on a web, and im looking for some basic
    Luc> example of html rendering.

    Luc> are there anything that shows integration of the erlang web server
    Luc> httpd to some erlang program?

There is an exemple in the inets package. You should have a look at
httpd_exemple.erl.
The given configuration exemples are made to use this module as an erlang CGI
by default.

    Luc> I also looked at btt-2.0, but as far as i understand the core, it
    Luc> doesnt uses httpd, but directly the tcp port.  1) can someone confirm
    Luc> my understanding? (im newby, and never rendered directly without
    Luc> apache. note that looks pretty easy, so...)

Yes. I think you are right from what I have seen...

    Luc> 2) what is the interest of that approach , and drawbacks too ?

I think the advantage is that you can customized your application to exactly
fit your need and then, you can put your apps in a single package, making your
program very easy to use and install.

The drawback is that you need to developp a program supporting at least a
subset of the http protocol.

--
Mickaël Rémond          -  mickael.remond@REDACTED
                        -  http://IDEALX.com