XML reading and writing

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Fri Jul 21 19:39:09 CEST 2000

    > No need to keep things secret until the conference. This is a huge
    > area, and I'll probably need all the help I can get.  ;)

    > I have a non-validating(*) XML parser, which seems to work fairly
    > well, but I'm reluctant to spread it at the moment, because I'm still
    > making changes off and on. I will need some guinea pigs in a week or
    > two. Any volunteers?

Yes. Me!
I am working every day with XML data and I am really willing to switch some of
my programs to Erlang.
So, I would be very pleased to test your code.

    > My XML parser adheres closely to the XML 1.0 spec, as far as I've been
    > able to tell -- it handles:

[...]
All this things are great.

    > It is also done to support both event-based and tree-based parsing,
    > and is capable of pausing and waiting for data during the parse.
    > The default behaviour is a tree-based parse.

    > I am also almost done with XPATH, and I have an approach for
    > generating output, e.g. XML (easy) or, say, HTML, from an Erlang
    > structure. I've tried to make the parser extract enough information to
    > make the XPATH search engine efficient (things like element position,
    > namespace prefixes, language codes, ancestry.)

    > I'm hoping to get to stylesheet support before I go on parental leave
    > in August. Perhaps someone would like to take a stab at e.g. DTD- or
    > namespace caching, or perhaps XPointer using my framework?

Why not. I am not sure to be confident enough in my Erlang pratice, but this
could be a good way to improve my coding in Erlang.

    > If any of you feel that you have some concrete problems that might be
    > good for some beta testing, please let me know.

I must think to submit a very typical example, but I sure have something to test.

--
Mickaël Rémond          -  mickael.remond@REDACTED
                        -  http://IDEALX.com