Graphing FSMs

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sun Jul 9 03:27:10 CEST 2000

I have written a tool which parses gen_fsm behaviour source
files and creates a graph description file suitable as input
to dot (a tool for creating postscript/gif pictures of directed
graphs).  Get dot at http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz.

Right now it just plots the states and what events drive them
between states but that's our biggest requirement here at Motivity.
It seems to work pretty well.  It should handle most cases as
I put a fair bit of work into reverse engineering the Erlang
Abstract Form and the Preprocessor tools.

I have attached graph.erl, I hope someone finds it useful.
Please let me now if you do.  If you further it please share.

	-Vance

Vance Shipley, Motivity Telecom Inc.