Web page with Beam specification and benchmarks

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Jan 10 16:41:51 CET 2000

Hi Bjorn,

Interesting benchmark figures. Are you (or anyone else?) aware if anyone has
similar results from relative or absolute performance testing of
distribution and message passing? These seem to be quite difficult to
measure accurately and seem to be as important as sequential processing
speed for most Erlang systems.

Thanks,

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Bjorn Gustavsson [mailto:bjorn@REDACTED]
Sent: 04 January 2000 14:03
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Web page with Beam specification and benchmarks

On my home page, http://www.ericsson.se/cslab/~bjorn,
you can find the following items, which you might or might not
find interesting:

1. A specification of the Beam file format for the R6B. This does NOT
   include the instruction set (I'm working, very slowly, on such a
   document).

2. Results of some benchmark runs comparing languages features and
   Erlang versions. For instance, you can see that fun calls are
   much faster in R6B compared to the previous open source release.
   The source code for my "benchmark framework" and my benchmarks
   is also available.

/Bjorn
--
Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn@REDACTED      ÄT2/UAB/F/P