Patches for christmas...

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Mon Jan 3 17:46:10 CET 2000

Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:

>Per Hedeland wrote:
>
>> Strange, I can't see how the configure test could come up with
>> 0x20000000 when using a mask of 0xc0000000 - you do realize that you
>> have to apply the patches to a "virgin" distribution and then run
>> configure?
>>
>> --Per
>
>sure! I've spent quite some time doing this over and over again, the machine I am
>using is quite small, now I begin to suspect of it since some y2k crap tested
>there.

Hm, if you only applied that particular patch, and didn't run autoconf,
I see now that there is an obvious problem - the patch only changes
erts/autoconf/aclocal.m4, which is used by autoconf when building the
configure script - the corresponding change to configure itself is
actually included in the "loadable drivers" patch, which has the full
erts/autoconf/configure diff.

This was an unintentional effect of juggling too many patches at
once:-), but I won't "fix" it, since that would make different versions
of the two patches incompatible with each other - there is now some
explanatory text on the web page, though. In any case it's preferable
that you apply *all* the patches when working on a new port, at least.

--Per