Proper or well formed Lists

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Thu Dec 14 10:25:50 CET 2000

Well, one possible use of non-well-formed lists was explored a while
ago on erlang-questions: lazy lists:

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200010/msg00100.html

It was decided not to open that Pandora's Box.

Another use seems to be [byte() | binary()], which is accepted by
the list_to_binary/1 BIF. It doesn't seem indispensable.

I agree that there would be an advantage to have clearer errors in the
cases where lists are supposed to be well-formed, but aren't.

/Uffe

--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95