Erlang and robotics (was Re: Erlang Jobs in the UK... (was: ...))

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Wed Dec 6 13:00:02 CET 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, aba3600@REDACTED wrote:

>I am starting Monday with Ericsson Research & Development in Richardson,
>Texas because:

Good for you. (:

>http://www.Andy-Allen.com

Interesting. I wonder, what is your view of Erlang's suitability for
robotics work?

I would think that for most types of robots, the real-time properties
of Erlang ought to be quite sufficient, and the ability to handle
complex concurrent problems ought to be attractive.

Throw in the ECOMP Erlang Processor, which is slowly materializing,
and there might be some very interesting potential.

Your comments are welcome.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Senior System Architect                      mob: +46 70 519 81 95