Erlang Jobs in the UK... was: one-stop recruiting page

Francesco Cesarini cesarini@REDACTED
Wed Dec 6 12:02:40 CET 2000

Well, on popular demand as there apparently is a need.. :-) If you want
to work with the real thing... The AXD301 switch, but find Sweden to be
too cold, Ericsson Intracom in Leicester, UK (one hour north of London)
might be an option. They are looking for happy motivated software
engineers with Erlang/OTP experience... This is the job ad they have out
at the moment. If interested, send your CVs to Andy Davies @
andy@REDACTED

:-)
Francesco

---
Environment:
Engineering group of approximately 45 engineers, working on data
communications products for network infrastructure. Software engineering
group comprises of approximately 15 people.

Core technologies are Frame Relay and ATM. Other WAN and LAN
technologies are developed including Ethernet, TCP/IP, X.25, SNA, and
ISDN. Development environment in `C' or Erlang under UNIX on Sun Sparc
stations. Target environments include Erlang /OTP on Sparcs, or PowerPC,
Motorola 68020/030/302 and Intel i960 embedded processors. Tools
environment includes Objectime for design, ClearCase for configuration
management and Framemaker for documentation.

Activities:
The complete software development life cycle including, specification,
analysis, design, code and test. Real-time target applications, data
protocols through to Web based user interface.

Personality:
Must be able to work with little supervision, show ingenuity and learn
quickly. Must be interested in trying new languages and should be
interested in up to date technology. Must have good inter-personal
skills for interfacing with peer group and ideally should have team
leader potential.

Qualifications:
A good science/engineering degree or equivalent, preferably a 1st or 2i.
Approximately 5 + years experience of software development, to include
`C' experience and UNIX usage. Knowledge of data communications
protocols would be an advantage.

Rewards:
Salary dependent on relevant experience. Flexi-time. Performance related
bonus scheme. Pension. Other standard Ericsson Terms and Conditions.

--
Francesco Cesarini

Erlang/OTP consultant
Cellular: INT+44-7776 250381