export_to (Was: Re: the OO metaphor)

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Mon Dec 4 14:02:06 CET 2000

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Erik (Happi) Johansson wrote:

> Unfortunately, one still needs to export a function in order to get
> code change to work, but that has nothing to do with funs.
> Still, code change is a counterexample to Richard's hypothesis that:
>
> > There should now be no reason to export a function name

I should have qualified that statement with "except for the purpose of
supporting code change". Maybe it would be enough to, in addition to the
normal export declarations, also have a form of "private" export
declaration?

Anyhow, we need not distinguish between whether the call is done with
"spawn" or "apply", which I think was sort of my main point.

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://www.csd.uu.se/~richardc/