Embedded Erlang

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Sat Oct 23 16:38:02 CEST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Per Hedeland <per@REDACTED>
> Um, I don't want to sound negative, but *32KB*? What minor part of the
> language do you plan to actually leave *in*?:-)

I am well aware of the problems. It is very possible that in order to do
that, a complete rewrite of the run-time should be done... A lot of work,
but possible. What I am more worried about is for example the memory
management. 8 bit CPU=16 bit addresses; 4 bits used for type management =>
4k of heap memory... Not at all enough!

Note: "possible" does not mean necessarily "worth the amount of work". But I
think it is an interesting thing to look into.

/Vlad