Embedded Erlang

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu@REDACTED
Fri Oct 22 14:08:28 CEST 1999

| Sure, but my project is something more like 32KB and a dedicated OS...

>Well, the less the better :)))

Okay, I will let you know when I am ready to start!

| Which made me realize one thing: the CPU is 8 bit... maybe it's not as
| simple a task as I have thought to try to port Erlang... hmmmm...)

>As soon as you have a GCC port, it should be able to emulate 32 and
64 bits operations.

Yes, the full suite of GCC tools exists, so it should not be a problem. I am
still not sure if emulating is enough, because the memory management
structures must be adapted... On the other hand, the memory management and
garbage collector might have to be rewritten completely........

I will have to take one step at a time... :-)

/Vlad