Win32 build with gcc?

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Thu Oct 21 22:55:11 CEST 1999

 > Did anyone try to compile under Win32 with gcc? I notice there are only VC++ makefiles... If yes, are there any special things to have in mind?

To my knowledge, no one has done this yet.

I don't know about
the OTP team and what they've done, however the next OSE release
will only come with the beam compiler. This is a threaded code
compiler where the interpreter takes advantage of gcc specific
features with named labels. So there's bound to be some gcc
stuff there then. We'll just have to patiently wait and see.

Today, the win32-erlang runs only with the old byte code
interpreter, jam. And the build process in the released code
is certainly not made for win32 builds.

/klacke