build problems

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Wed Oct 20 21:18:22 CEST 1999

 > >> duva:klacke> gcc ttytest.c -ltermcap -L/lib
 > >> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ltermcap: No such file or directory
 > >> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 >
 > Try with -L *before* -l, those flags are normally intentionally
 > position-dependant. It seems rather weird to not have /lib in the
 > default directory list, though.

The order of the flags isn't the problem here,
Linux is

The only way to compile the ttytest.c program
on some (broken) versions of Linux is by explicitly
linking with the .so file.
The way I feel about this is that the behaviour is so broken
so I don't even care to investigate what the reasons might be.

Ignore the error and upgrade/downgrade the linux installation
is the proper remedy.

/klacke

duva:klacke> gcc  ttytest.c -L/lib -ltermcap
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ltermcap: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
duva:klacke>