some basic questions

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Oct 12 15:35:12 CEST 1999

}  Sometime ago I had lots of trouble with "unsafe" calls between named
}  servers on different nodes. The problem turned out to be gen_server,
}  which naivly sent the message to the named process, waited for a while
}  and then resolved the name again to see if the process was alive. If
}  it was alive it waited forever for the message (Timeout=infinity).
}  Unfortunately my named process died and a new one was restarted with
}  the same name. This lead to a situation where my message was delivered
}  to one process and but the client was monitoring another one.

So are you suggesting that gen_server needs fixing?

	-Vance