Tracing broken in R6B-0?

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Tue Nov 30 10:45:27 CET 1999

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 06:07:11PM -0000, Neil.Matthew@REDACTED wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Erlang and trying out the R6B-0 on Linux and Windows.
> I have managed  to build the Linux version (after a couple of tweaks,
> that I see the maintainers now have figured out - PosixStr.c).
>
> I tried to work through the Geeting Started part of the documentation
> and have been unable to see a simple function trace of the factorial
> example in either the Linux or Windows builds.
>
> Has tracing broken in R6B-0 or does it work differently to the
> documentation?

The OTP group has worked like beavers on the trace functionality
in this release. It's propably the docs in the Getting Started Guide
that's broken. Proper docs in the manpage for module 'dbg' as well as
the man page for module 'erlang' which describes all BIFs.
see the trace/3 BIF, trace_info/2, trace_pattern/2 BIF's

Great stuff.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                          <klacke@REDACTED>