How to send and receive messages using ERTS.

Vladimir Ulogov gandalf@REDACTED
Tue May 25 22:57:01 CEST 1999

Hello,
I'm having questions related with some ERTS issues:
1) Where I can find a sample, how to handle ErlMessage and receive
information from them. As sample, if I'm expecting to receive something
like {pid, atom, number, sting}, how to extract pid, atom, number and
string from the ErlMessage.
2) At the time, as I wants to create pid using SELF(sockfd) macros (from
the 1.2 Erl_Interface library). What is sockfd? Which socket file
descriptor I should use if I wants to send messages like {sender pid,
atom, number, string} from C program.
3) How to return messages to C program, which invokes erl_receive_msg.
Which operations I should perform before erl_receive_msg ?

Thank you for assistance .

Vladimir I. Ulogov (gandalf@REDACTED)
tel: 973-236-6464 or 6463
fax: 973-236-2090
"Where lands meets water. Where earth meets air. Where body meets
mind. Where space meets time. We like to be on one side, and look
at the other." D.Adams "Mostly harmless"