Mnesia Questions ...

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Tue May 18 23:42:51 CEST 1999

> I'm from an Oracle background and find Mnesia facinating ... Some =
> questions: ...
>
> i    How much memory does Mnesia take?

It's cool isn't it. Anyway, the memory consumption
of mnesia is easily measured, just creat a bunch of tables, populate
them, use the info functions in mnesia to see.

The only situation where mnesia sucks from a memory consumption
perspective is the area of very large transactions.

That is a transaction that writes very large amounts of data, particularly
if the target tables are replicated.

Apart from that, the memory requirement of mnesia are very low.

Cheers

/klacke