Erlang build problem

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Fri Jul 30 22:54:36 CEST 1999

Dave Hill wrote:
>I have been trying unsuccessfully to build Erlang 47.4.1 on a OpenLinux 2.2
>platform.

Oops, seems I should read *all* my old mail before responding:-) -
please ignore the previous message...

>When I run ./configure it fails with the following message:
>
>"installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
>executables"

>gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus`:  No such file or directory

Well, it seems the problem is rather obvious - your gcc installation is
broken, or rather incomplete, and doesn't have support for C++
compilation. Doing a full gcc (re-)install would probably fix this, I
guess there is some package available for this but I'm afraid I'm not
familiar with Caldera OpenLinux. Then again, if you don't need the orber
application, you should be able to do without - the base system is
written in plain old C, and so doesn't need C++ support.

--Per