Rules engines

Leonard Weincier len@REDACTED
Tue Dec 7 14:28:07 CET 1999

Hi

Thanks for the previous responses.

I am looking at building a transaction processing engine and any thoughts
ideas would be most welcome.

Briefly,
As each transaction arrives in the system, a number of rules must be
applied, e.g. membership in a certain set of values or transaction values
within calculated limits. The sequence and types of rules rate of change is
relatively high.

I am looking for any ideas or pointers to formalised thinking in this area -
rules engines / schemes ?

I think that erlang and mnesia would be a great environment to start
experimenting with different architechtures.

TIA

Len