How fast is Mnesia ?

Vladimir Ulogov gandalf@REDACTED
Fri Apr 16 22:11:13 CEST 1999

Hello folks.

Newbie question #2. Did somebody measure Mnesia efficiency ? What will happens
if I will need to store 10.000.000 records like this:
NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN NNNNNNNNNN N N N N, where N is some number.
and about 2.000.000 like this
XXXXXXXXXX X X X

And I don't know how much like this:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
where A are some ASCII .

Are the Mnesia supports "soft realtime" for the data retrival ? How the tables
on disk organized ? May be you will suggest to use external database ?

Thanks.
   Vladimir

Vladimir I. Ulogov (gandalf@REDACTED)
tel: 973-236-6464 or 6463
fax: 973-236-2090
"Where lands meets water. Where earth meets air. Where body meets
mind. Where space meets time. We like to be on one side, and look
at the other." D.Adams "Mostly harmless"