[eeps] Multi-Parameter Typechecking BIFs

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Wed Feb 25 12:17:38 CET 2009

"Richard O'Keefe" <ok@REDACTED> writes:

> On 24 Feb 2009, at 10:14 pm, Kenneth Lundin wrote:
>
>> Maybe there is also a misunderstanding
>> in that everything currently expressed in
>> the separate guards should be moved into the pattern and that is NOT
>> what is suggested.
>
> That is *exactly* what Mats Cronqvist suggested.
> In his message of 23-Feb-2009, he wrote:
>
> 	Separating the pattern match from the condition is bad.
> 	The 'when' keyword should have never been introduced.

  The proposal is to allow inlined type checks. My opinion is that
  'when' was a mistake. That seems plenty clear to me, and I think
  we've once again reached the point were you're actively trying to
  misunderstand.