Opinions on Dart’s Isolates?

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Sat Jan 8 16:58:23 CET 2022

I’ve been looking into Flutter a bit as a platform for phone apps, and
that got me looking into the Dart language. Their approach to
concurrency feels awful familiar, with “isolates” looking a lot like
Erlang processes. It’s actually pretty cool, nice and clean, albeit
wrapped in some OO noise. I imagine, though don’t know, that they were
influenced by Erlang/Elixir, although I suppose something like parallel
evolution of the Actor model could be responsible as well (sharks and
whales look a lot alike).

Anyway, I wondered what other Erlangers thought about it. You can find
an overview here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_AaCgudcY