[Erlang Forums] [Erlang/OTP Proposals/Proposals: RFC] Re-visiting EEP-0055

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin@REDACTED
Mon Apr 25 11:31:53 CEST 2022

Р.С. Алиев <r.s.o.aliev@REDACTED> writes:

> 25.04.2022 11:42, Nicolas Martyanoff пишет:
>> And the list could go on for pages, without having to destroy the basic
>> concepts of the language.
>
> Somehow my (sad) feeling is the idea is exactly in destroying the Erlang as we
> know it. "No matter how hard we try, we cannot make Elixir more preferable --
> at least let us make Erlang *less* preferable."

I would not go that far. I have no information suggesting that Ericsson
is interested in Elixir in any way.

And I am almost convinced they do not care about Erlang anymore. These
new shiny 5G platforms are not written in Erlang (if I am wrong, please
convince Ericsson to release the required HTTP2 and JSON
implementations).

--
Nicolas Martyanoff
http://snowsyn.net