[Erlang Forums] [Erlang/OTP Proposals/Proposals: RFC] Re-visiting EEP-0055
Mon Apr 25 10:42:25 CEST 2022
Stanislav Ledenev <s.ledenev@REDACTED> writes:
> In all history adding more language constructions never improved
> anything in any language. Look at C++, C++ 20 and C++ 11 are totally
> different languages!
I cannot agree more.
The saddest part of this whole thing is that there are obvious areas of
- Improve dialyzer to work as other modern type annotation systems (i.e.
treat type annotations as the truth and signal errors when the code
does not satisfy them), and make its output readable.
- Introduce a standard build/package system with dependency support,
similar to go mod (for all its faults, it works).
- Add a way to build self-contained single executables (again, something
- Retire the entire string-as-list paradigm, use binaries by default
(the one good thing about Elixir), and at last make everything UTF-8
- Clean and modernize the standard library.
And the list could go on for pages, without having to destroy the basic
concepts of the language.
More information about the erlang-questions