other annotations

Michael P. empro2@REDACTED
Thu Jan 28 17:01:10 CET 2021

:-)

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 13:43:00 +0100
Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Other options could be "match^Var", "pure^function()" "remote^Pid !
> ...", or "match::Var", ":match: Var"...

A week ago `eval()` appeared in my mind but, as
expressions are not allowed in patterns, I did
not dare mention it. When I realised that boundies
are expressions I thought of `deref`, `ref`, `val`;
these would also enforce not further mixing up
a pattern with stuff to evaluate ("Let's save one variable
and put the expression right here ...").

But we might be running short on symbols ...

I did not mention the latter, because it is much too
early to talk of implementation.

Other solutions need to be analysised:
Removal of parameters (boundies)
in patterns has been mentioned; I have just been
reminded, that such have been removed from modules.

(By "parameter" I mean anything that turns one program
into many, regardless of implementation.)

~M

--

The clever man acquires the knowledge of other clever men.
The sage can also learn from the fool.

Der kluge Mann eignet sich das Wissen anderer kluger Männer an.
Der Weise kann auch vom Narren lernen.