New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Michael P. empro2@REDACTED
Thu Jan 28 16:11:51 CET 2021

:-)

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:22:44 +0100
Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> just yet another experiment, like packages or parameterized modules
> were, which were both removed despite the popularity of parameterized
> modules at the time. (I believe Richard was behind the latter, by the way.)

Thanks, the first thing that gives me a pleasant
feeling in all this: I had forgotten about the module
parameters, they had been gone before I "arrived".
And "packages", too?
So there still is some selection pressure and not only
incremental growth.

As to the worth of popularity alone: I could mention PHP,
but won't ...

~M

--

Corporation-independent Public Broadcasting is the best innovation
since someone said, that the volcano would erupt anyway or not, no

Unternehmensunabhängiger Öffentlich-rechtlicher Rundfunk ist
die beste Innovation, seit jemand sagte, dass der Vulkan eh
ausbräche oder nicht, egal wieviele Jungfrauen man da reinwürfe
oder nicht.