New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Fri Jan 22 10:28:20 CET 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 10:21:04AM +0100, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
> On 22/01/2021 10:09, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> > You are attempting the Trump argumentation line:
> >
> >     Repeat a lie until it is accepted as true.
> >
> > I hate that.  Please stop doing that!
>
> Don't know why you attribute this to Trump, this is as old as humanity,
> and there are far better examples everyday from news organizations,
> politicians, PR people and so on. It's how much of the world operates.

Sadly you are right.  Trump has just become a face for it.  That is why he
is today my first association.  And it is the first time an American
president uses it so blatantly and often.

The technique is anyway something a technical / academical discussion
should keep as far from as possible.