New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

empro2@REDACTED empro2@REDACTED
Fri Jan 22 04:07:39 CET 2021

:-)

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 02:28:35 +0900
zxq9 <zxq9@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm the opposite, but it probably doesn't matter.

On the contrary! If you do not believe me, take you this:

    >On 2018年7月25日水曜日 15時00分03秒 JST Richard O'Keefe wrote:
    > It is a blemish in an otherwise pleasant file in an impressive and
    > useful project.

    -- The famous naked mole-rat intervention:
    http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2018-July/096080.html

After all, this is ... was
https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kramens_dag

> Someone has an immaculate plan.

EEP 55 looks very sleek, less self-criticism than an orange president, only lacking the pull, merge, announce, release tail. And at the root of this thread, there is unfortunately much talk of implementation ... This startled me a bit, too, and I tried to send SIGSTOP wrapped in a humorous ... wrapping, and exerted quite some effort to quickly gather and summarise some pros and cons to start a more critical discussion

(http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2021-January/100399.html)

Now I see there are checks and balances in place, and this thread has grown to make Yggdrasil look like a bunch of twigs.

Your position is as clear as Richard Carlsson's (as owner of EEP 55). I would really like to hear more about the why. In a perfect world I would suggest you two swap your positions: the result would be wonderful.

    ~Michael

--

Reasonable is that which cannot be criticised reasonably anymore.

Vernüftig ist das, was nicht mehr vernünftig kritisiert werden kann.