New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Jan 15 18:07:28 CET 2021

I have no idea about Elixir and have not been comparing it to Elixir
personally. Only the merits of the feature in the context it is applied
to matter.

I've noted the overall usefulness of such a mechanism in at least some
cases, I just question the method of solving the issues brought up. It
"feels" wrong for many, the question is why.

I don't object to at least have this experimental as I've indicated
before. Perhaps using this feature would confirm or remove concerns.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu