New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin@REDACTED
Fri Jan 15 15:52:27 CET 2021

On 2021-01-15 15:40, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong, but Erlang does not have unification.  Instead it
> has got matching vs. binding, which are two different operations, as opposed
> to unification where both sides of the unification are equivalent.

There are multiple types of unification; I won't try to define it precisely
since I have not work with the formal aspect of the concept for a lot of time,
but it seems to me Erlang does implement one of the types.

And I'm not the only one to believe so ;)
https://twitter.com/joeerl/status/969579433769295873

--
Nicolas Martyanoff
http://snowsyn.net