Can one access asn1ct's ASN.1 parser?

Oliver Korpilla oliver.korpilla@REDACTED
Mon Jan 4 11:44:25 CET 2021

Hello,

is it possible to reuse the parsing part of asn1ct? Does it generate
some intermediate structure?

We have been using the "maps" instead of the "records" version of the
generated codecs for a while. However, we found recently that we missed
several instances of incompatible name changes because there's no name
checking for the map members. Unknown map members just get omitted.

I would like to investigate if I could add a layer for my project's use
preventing that, but I have no desire to write another ASN.1 parser for
that.

Is there an API for accessing this information?

Thank you,
Oliver