Erlang forums (was Re: PING TEST)

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Sat Dec 18 13:43:36 CET 2021

I did the setup of these forum tool many times and the discourse mail
feature doesn’t work like a mailing list. It’s hard to re-create a thread
for ex.

Only partial features. answering to a topic etc may be configured but  this
is not as natural as a mail. And not as granular. Also mails don’t come
 the same way etc. So while archiving may work partially but mail is a
second zone system.

I still don’t see why we discard the mailing list at the moment.

Side note but i had took the time to read the « TOS » and FAQ:  why the
forum doesn’t reuse the CoC of this mailing-list which has the advantage of
having been discussed inside the mailing-list first? Also the TOS on on the
forum may have been legal in UK sometimes in 2013 but are definitely not
complying with the GRPD. The site need to fix it .

Benoît

Sent from my Mobile