read numbers

Richard O'Keefe raoknz@REDACTED
Sat Dec 11 04:04:54 CET 2021

I'm doing the Advent of Code and failed to spot the connection too.
When I got to the day in question, I began to wonder why I was bothering.
It was actually dead simple once I stopped trying to be clever.
The key insight was that the input does NOT consist of numbers.
(Part 1 was 18 lines of Smalltalk and part 2 was 25.  I felt a bit sad
at using so much code, but now that I *have* an APL system I find that
my APL skills are rusty in the extreme.)  Or was the key insight that
the input is a matrix that you need to process by COLUMNS, not rows?