no function clause matching became no case clause matching exception

Frans Schneider fchschneider@REDACTED
Fri Dec 10 15:51:51 CET 2021

Dear list,

The following list comprehension used to give a no function clause
matching exception in previous version of Erlang. Now it will emit a no
case clause matching exception. Is this expected behavior?

     [(fun(a) -> "a" end)(R) || R <- [a, b, c]]

NB: I use this construct to process lists with different record types.
In the unit tests I was testing explicitly on this type of exception.

Frans