creating a binary number

Richard O'Keefe raoknz@REDACTED
Fri Dec 10 06:14:52 CET 2021

What do you mean by "a binary number"?
Integers are just integers.  How they are represented
internally is none of our business; how they are
represented externally is up to you.

2#0
2#1
2#10
2#11
2#100
2#101
2#110
2#111

I'm sure you get the picture.

list_to_integer("1000", 2)
list_to_integer("1001", 2)
list_to_integer("1010", 2)
list_to_integer("1011", 2)

I'm sure you get that picture too.

In your example
<<1:1/bitstring, ...
I see two integers but I do not see a bit string.
<<1:1, 1:1, 0:1, 0:1>>
<<1:1, 1:1, 0:1, 1:1>>
<<1:1, 1:1, 1:1, 0:1>>
<<1:1, 1:1, 1:1, 1:1>>

but that cannot be what you want because you asked
about making binary numbers, and the binaries you get
are not numbers.