A case of misunderstandings (was: What use is `case` [...])

Michael P. empro2@REDACTED
Tue Aug 24 14:57:32 CEST 2021

Hello there,

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 19:59:51 +1200
"Richard O'Keefe" <raoknz@REDACTED> wrote:

> The use of words like "sneak" sets up a rather hostile tone.

To each and any, please, simply tell me just like that.

Such is so far from me that it slips through my
extensive "reflection framework" -- and
I do pay attention to connotation but ...

I had been "lurking" on this list for two years (or such)
before subscribing, plucking Erlang puzzles from the archive,
guessing answers, guessing who might say what.
That might have created a subconscious, illusive "familiarity".

So, I post again:
Alas! my English _looks_ better than it _is_.

I think I have finally managed to trace it mostly
back to two misunderstandings leading to two
misconceptions leading to ... this.

I have decided to split this from the explanation,
due to urgency.
(... or the explanation from this ...?
 no, this is smaller, but ...)

"Slay not he who cannot hear