Why, for example, maps but array?

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Sun Aug 15 00:42:40 CEST 2021

Hi Michael,

I just used sets today to write a search tag generator. Works. But it surprises me that obvious functions like file:move/2 and the a write companion to file:consult/1 are not in the library. No doubt someone has an explanation.

Today I wanted to pull a list of search words out of a file and turn the list into a function. I’m sure it’s simple but beyond my pay grade.  Somewhat confused that some file functions require filenames and others IoDevice.

Re if constructions, I turn first to pattern matching, next to case statements. But I suspect there’s a cogent discussion buried in the Erlang archives.

I’m a dilettante, but hack on with purpose.

Best,

LRP

Sent from my iPad